|Appearance||Version 1 |
Ao Oni (School Ghost Story)
|Description||Takuro's girlfriend, a friend of Hiroshi's who refuses to explore the mansion with him|
Mika is one of the four main protagonists. She is the only female character. Mika is usually displayed as a middle or high school girl with big brown eyes and brown hair that falls just above her shoulders.
In Version 6.0, along with the other characters, she was changed from a high school student to a middle school student. In most versions, she usually is found in the nursery room (sometimes called the children's bedroom) where she stays for most of the game. In Version 6.0, Mika is the first of the characters to die. Mika is commonly accepted as Takuro's girlfriend, although this is only confirmed in Version 1.0 of the game. In subsequent versions, however, she will usually mention him and refuse to leave without him.
WARNING: This page may contain spoilers or solutions to puzzles. Read further at your own risk!
In the first version of Ao Oni, she is named Megumi and officially Takuro's girlfriend, as well as a member of his gang. In the room Hiroshi first finds her in, she has set up a dresser barricade, though she is aware of its ineffectiveness by telling him to actually lock the door behind him when he leaves. This is what helps her survive to the end.
In Version 3.0, Mika is found in the white section of the mansion with Takuro and Takeshi. They soon flee after Ao Oni enters the room. Mika is found again with Takeshi in a jail cell and will not come out until Hiroshi finds an exit. They come after Hiroshi finds the rope ladder exit. After they see Ao Oni eating the ladder, Hiroshi and Mika flee while Takeshi trips and is killed. Mika is found again being pounded and killed by Squato Oni in a room in the mansion.
In Version 5 , Mika is found in the nursery, hiding behind a bed. She does not leave this location for the remainder of the game, although Hiroshi can return at the end of the game and save her.
Version 6.23EditIn Version 6, Mika dies right as the player is about to enter the basement. There is a scream from upstairs, and as Hiroshi enters the room Mika was in, he sees the Oni supposedly eating her. Later on, Hiroshi will encounter Mika in the basement for a few seconds. She then morphs into an oni and chases Hiroshi around.
- The player can bring an Oni into the room Mika is hiding in while being chased. If the Oni Chase ends as you leave the room, going back into that room shows that Mika has been killed. The Oni also vanishes from the room without going out the only exit. This will not prompt the scream as you enter the Basement and the Oni will not be seen eating Mika.
- In Version 5, Mika refuses to leave the mansion without Takuro.
- Mika is one of the characters present in the novel adaption of Ao Oni, with a change in her appearance.
- Mika`s in-game sprite is modeled after the "Fighter02" default sprite in RPG Maker XP.
- Similar to Takuro, Mika had a different portrait in 6.03 than the one that appears in the full Version 6.23.